North Porirua Baptist Church (NPBC) complies with the Privacy Act 2020 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual, this includes all members of the congregation and their children and dependants.
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose, and protect your personal information.
Collection of personal information
We may collect personal information from/about you, including your:
- contact information;
- interactions with us;
- donation history;
- audiovisual recordings.
We collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us through any contact with us, including face to face meetings, phone calls, texts, emails, registration to services, etc.
If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
We collect your personal information in order to carry out our role and functions, provide pastoral care, inform you about services, events, and activities, comply with legal requirements, etc.
Use of personal information
We will use your personal information:
- to provide pastoral support;
- to inform or notify you about NPBC services, events, or updates;
- to respond to communications from you;
- to provide a directory of congregation members;
- to provide contact details to other NPBC members for purposes of rostering etc.;
- to provide tax receipts for donations;
- to broadcast audiovisual recordings of our services online;
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- any business that supports our services, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide our services, like: (i) MailChimp in order to send out regular updates via email; (ii) PlanningCentre in order to manage our data and view statistics and provide the directory of congregation members; and (iii) Vimeo in order to provide recordings and live-streams of our services online;
- members of NPBC when you agree to share your contact details in the directory of congregation members;
- members of NPBC that you have agreed to share your contact details with for purposes of rostering etc.;
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information;
- viewers of our broadcasted services online;
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law;
- any other person authorised by you.
Broadcasting of services online
Parts of our Sunday will be recorded and made available on our website via Vimeo. We will capture video footage of various aspects of the service, including images where individuals and groups are identifiable.
In accordance with the Act, we are required to obtain the consent to appear in the recordings of all of the attendees to the services. At the start of each service the Pastor will ask for consent.
No photographs or videos are to be taken where individual children can be identified, unless for a specific purpose with prior parental/caregiver permission in writing.
Provision of personal information
Providing information is optional.
- If you choose not to provide contact details, we’ll be unable to contact you regarding pastoral care or send updates via email;
- If you choose not to provide permission to make audiovisual recordings of you we’ll be unable to guarantee that you can sit where you want during the service, however some seating will always be available.
Protecting personal information
We keep your information safe by storing it in secured systems and only allowing staff and the Pastoral Care Team to access it.
We will never publish anything that would be objectionable, embarrassing or hurtful to anyone, and will consider the removal of videos upon request .
Access and correction of personal information
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong.
If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or (04) 234 7336, or 69f Discovery Drive, Whitby, Porirua.
If there is a breach of privacy involving your personal information, we will comply with any legal obligations in the Act.
The appointed Privacy Officer is Rebekah Selfe, and can be contacted at email@example.com, or (04) 234 7336, or 69f Discovery Drive, Whitby, Porirua.
Change of policy
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy. If we have your email address we will notify you via email of any changes.
This policy was last updated on 6th May 2022.